1) Why is the duration of the works so long?
Due to the depth of the resurfacing, we are having to carry out deep repairs and this takes time.
2) Which end will the works be starting from?
Llanymynech to Mile End.
3) Will you be shutting the whole length all the time or just the areas you are working in?
The whole length will be closed whilst works are taking place as we delivering 2 schemes in one closure.
4) Can they please have a traffic management [TM] Bulletin for the works, they are aware of the Gledrid one and like it?
We will provide you with a weekly traffic management bulletin via email, please could you provide me with a list of email addresses you would like the bulletin to go to.
5) Will footpaths be resurfaced as part of the scheme? They say the path near Pant Chapel which is now a house is particularly bad.
Footways are not programmed to be repaired as part of this scheme.
6) What do the drainage works involve, residents complaining that they thought the last lot of works included drainage works but the other week it still flooded, will the grids be cleared?
All gullies to be cleaned and ditches cleared out and repairs to the existing drainage runs below low ground.
7) Grass at the Llynclys crossroads is very large, will this be cut as part of the works?
All grass to be cut whilst the closure is on taking every opportunity to deliver as much work as possible in the closure.
8) Can there be a permanent sign produced to state narrow bridge for the narrow bridge on the A483 ?
We will speak to our signs team and make them aware of the issue.
9) Will TM crew have a map of the area so that they will let locals through the closure point?
TM crew will have maps of local diversion.
10) It would be handy to have place names on diversion signage to help non local traffic avoid the area.
The diversion routes are specific to the scheme.
11) Who is the contact person for the works?
The Construction Team Leader for these works is Barry James and his number is 07521 374298.
12) Will there be advertising these works on the Radio Shropshire traffic bulletins?
We have made the Highways England Press Team aware of these works, these works will also feature in the weekly Highways England press release.
13) Regarding full weekend closures, does this mean the road will be closed for the full weekend or just nights of the weekend?
Full 24/7 weekend closures.